Welcome to Mohr Elementary!
2013-2014 Welcome to Mohr Elementary School, home of the Eagles!
On behalf of all staff and administration, we would like to thank you for taking the time to check out our school website. This website will give you a glimpse of who we are and what we're about. The real picture, however, comes from visiting our school, feeling the warm, positive atmosphere, seeing the beautiful eagle tile wall, meeting our caring, committed staff, and noticing all the parent volunteers busy in the school, and seeing our wonderful students in their classrooms, our hallways, at lunch, and outside.
Take some time to navigate this website to learn about our history, dedicated teachers, and plethora of hands-on learning opportunities that demonstrate the enthusiasm and internal motivation to learn that permeates our school every day. We take pride in our connections with students and families and we strive to provide a physically and emotionally safe environment where students know that we care about them while maintaining high expectations.
If you are already a Mohr parent or friend, please use the links available to find the part of the school's website you are interested in accessing.
2013-2014 Walk-Through Registration - Updated August 13, 2013
Please read the instructions below carefully. There are several links to information that students and parents must read, and forms that must be filled out and signed BEFORE arriving at the school for the physical walk-through registration.
Prior to Registration Day, parents will need to pick up your student’s pre-printed emergency card.
The cards will be available for pick up in the School Office, from 8 a.m. to 12 noon or 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, August 15 or Friday, August 16.
Please check all printed information for accuracy and make any necessary changes on the card.
Please ensure all cell phone numbers are current. These phone numbers are very important in an emergency situation. The Office needs to know how to get a hold of you.
Fill out the bottom portion with sibling names, adults authorized to pick-up your child, and medical information.
Mohr’s Walk-Through school registration will be held on Tuesday, August 20 in the multi-purpose room from 8 a.m. to 12 noon and 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. Due to a new PUSD requirement, Kindergarten, Transitional Kindergarten, and all students new to Mohr this year will have their school pictures taken in Room 8A (Station 1) at Walk-Through Registration. School pictures for everyone else will be on September 10. To pre-purchase School Pictures, go to the Creative Imaging website at: http://prepaysystems.com/view/2987/mohr-elementary-2013-2014-school-portraits
Please adhere to the following schedule which we hope will minimize delays:
8 a.m. - Kindergarten
9 a.m. - 1st Grade and Transitional Kindergarten
10 a.m. - 2nd Grade and any student new to Mohr
11 a.m. - 3rd Grade
12:30 p.m. - 4th Grade
1:30 p.m. - 5th Grade
3 p.m. - Doors Close
Please print, fill out and return the forms below on Registration Day.
A parent must be present to complete the forms and to receive class assignments. You will receive your child’s class assignment after all necessary papers have been turned in.
No class changes will be discussed until after September 6th.
Mohr School Staff and Mohr PTA Volunteers are looking forward to seeing all of you at Walk-Through Registration.
Please read the following information and print and return the forms labeled required along with any forms marked optional that you choose at Walk-Through Registration.
District (PUSD) / School (MES) Information and Forms:
- Updated Student Emergency Card required
- Show 2 Proofs of Residency required
A current utility bill (within 2 months), such as PG&E, water, garbage, or cable; or
A rental / lease agreement signed within the last 2 months; or
Final escrow papers signed within the last 2 months
- PUSD Rights of Parents in English or Spanish
- PUSD Purchase School Lunches Through Child Nutrition Services optional
- PUSD Tobacco Policy in English or Spanish
- PUSD Do Not Photo in English (Return ONLY if You DO NOT want your child photographed other than the yearbook) optional
- PUSD E-Connection Sign-up in English recommended
- PUSD Telecommunications Policy (Read and Sign Signature Page)
- PUSD Student Insurance in English Spanish Flyer optional
- MES Emergency Card (Pick-up and Update Pre-Printed Card) required
Please check all printed information for accuracy and make any necessary changes on the card. Please ensure all cell phone numbers are current. Fill out the bottom portion with sibling names, adults authorized to pick-up your child, and medical information.
- MES Signature Page (Telecommunications, Expected Behaviors, Photo Exclusion) required
- MES Expected Behaviors (Read and Sign Signature Page)
- MES Volunteer Clearance/Guidelines (Print and Return first page) required to volunteer
- MES Drop-Off/Pick-Up Procedures
- MES Safety Committee Emergency Care Package Request
- MES Food Policy/Allergy Alert required for students with food allergies
The state of California requires all students to be fully immunized before they can start school. If your kindergarten student received their final shots over the summer, please bring in an updated copy.
There is also an Oral Health form for the dentist to fill out on your student.
In first grade, the state requires the students to get a full physcial. Download physical form here.
Contract to Carry Life Sustaining Medication at School Form
Prescription or Over The Counter Medication Consent Form
If you have any questions, please contact, Cyndi Snyder, health clerk 426-4256
Mohr PTA Information and Forms:
For your convenience, the Mohr PTA has streamlined their process and will accept one check payment for the following: PTA Membership Dues/Student Directory, Yearbook, "More for Mohr" donation, Spirit Wear, Supply Kits. Last year the Mohr PTA funded more than $45,000 in programs and services benefitting Mohr students. For more information about the Mohr PTA, click on the link button at the top of the page.
- PTA Handbook (Please Read)
- PTA Membership and Directory Form (NCR form available at Registration Day)
- PTA Eagle Express (electronic newsletter sign-up)
- PTA Volunteer Interest Form (Please Print and Return)
- Supply Kits (If didn't order in June)
- PTA Student Participation Waiver (Please Print and Return)
- School Supply Kits (Form Available at Walk-Through)
Many parents ordered supply kits for your children in June. If you ordered in June, these materials will be delivered directly to your child's teacher. Purchasing supply kits through the PTA helps support the Mohr PTA Classroom Support Fund.
- School yearbook (Form available at Walk-Through)
- "More for Mohr" Donation (Form available at Walk-Through)
- Purchase a school t-shirt or sweatshirt (Form available at Walk-Through)
- Escript Information (Please Print and Return EScript Sign-Up )
PPIE Annual Giving Fund: Suggested Donation of $350/Student (or $35/Month/Student)
PPIE has announced the 2014-2015 Giving Fund Campaign and new sponsorship levels. Visit the PPIE Giving Fund Campaign web site for more information or download the Donation Form to make your donation today!
A parent must be present to complete the forms and to receive class assignments. You will receive your child’s class assignment after all necessary papers have been turned in. No class changes will be discussed until after September 6.
Before / After School Programs
Please check the Mohr PTA website for updated information on Before and After School programs offered by the Mohr PTA and outside agencies.
We are looking forward to seeing all of you on August 20.
Mohr School has gone paperless!