Superintendent: Strategic Plan 2012
Every student will be a resourceful, resilient, responsible and engaged world citizen.
Our students will make a better world.
The Pleasanton Unified School District is dedicated to the goal of having its students fulfill rigorous academic standards in preparation for future success, so that they can become well-informed, productive, and socially responsible citizens. We believe that the District must address the needs of each student as an individual while also developing strong partnerships with families, businesses, and the community at large. The District will act upon the principles that timely and effective communication is a necessity and that accountability is essential.
In order to do this, we have established some Moral Imperatives.
- with guidance and support all students can reach their greatest potential
- it is our responsibility to inspire curiosity and a passion for life long learning
- all students and staff have the right to a safe and respectful learning environment that fosters postive connections
- in providing learning that is innovative, irresistible, creative, relevant and rigorous
- in ensuring a culture and climate that promotes a highly-skilled, dedicated, and passionate educational team
- public education should focus on the whole child, provide equitable opportunities for all students, and create socially responsible individuals with character and integrity
CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTION
1. Eliminate racial, socio-economic, and gender predictability in achievement.
2. Optimize student learning by utilizing innovative technologies.
1. Empower all students to develop character, compassion, civility, and community consciousness.
1. Students will be central to all fiscal decisions.
2. Ensure fiscal health through investing in today while planning for tomorrow.
1. All students and staff are provided with a high-quality physical environment
that facilitates teaching and learning.
2. Every student and staff will feel safe, respected, and enjoy positive connections.
District Goals 2011-12